An investigation has been launched into the death of a 99-year-old woman in a care home, police have said.
The resident of Wellgreen House, Stirling, suffered burns after lighting a cigarette in the home's smoking room on Wednesday.
She was taken to hospital but later died.
The home is run by Stirling Council and a spokeswoman for the local authority said: "On February 13 at Wellgreen Nursing Home an elderly resident was involved in a fire in the smoking room and sadly has since died in hospital.
"Council health and safety staff, police and staff from the Health and Safety Executive have been involved to review all aspects of the incident and their reports are awaited."
Central Scotland Police said a joint investigation has begun into the incident between police, Stirling Council and the Health and Safety Executive.
Police are treating the death as non-suspicious and a report has been submitted to the procurator fiscal.