A man is being treated in hospital after a fire in a flat.
He managed to escape the building in Caldwell Street, Glasgow, at about 8.15pm on Friday, Strathclyde Fire and Rescue Service said.
Crews tackled the fire in the ground floor flat of a four-in-a-block building.
The man was taken to Western Infirmary by ambulance.
Elsewhere, a blaze gutted a laundrette and damaged two other neighbouring premises in Carnoustie, Angus, Tayside Fire and Rescue said.
The fire was reported shortly before 8pm.
The shops were vacant at the time and no one was injured, the fire service said.