Hi guys, hard to believe we’re heading into March already!
And it’s a great time for Sonic Templars, who’ve been chosen to open the Jiezuberband gig at the 02 ABC in Glasgow on Saturday, April 27.
They were handpicked by the band at a recent showcase in Glasgow featuring a sterling line up of new music talent.
Well done to them and I’m sure they’ll make a great event even better.
They join a great line up of Jiezuberband and Preacher (both of Ayrshire).
Jiezuberband will make history as the first unsigned act to headline the 02 ABC.
For more information on Jiezuberband please see their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/jiezuberband
You can see Sonic Templars before the big Jiezuberband concert at Pivo Pivo Glasgow on March 23 with another local outfit fast on the rise, Stonehouse Violets.
• BBC Radio 1’s Ally McCrae will be taking to the decks at Indie Disco in Kilmarnock this Friday at Bakers nightclub.
We can expect the very best indie disco music from the nineties and the noughties as well as brand new music from great Scottish acts.
It all starts at 10pm, £6 entry.
• Ayrshire’s Trusty and The Foe make their debut appearance at the Vagabond Social Club at the Statebar, Holland Street in Glasgow, also this Friday at 8pm.
• Vukovi have rescheduled their appearance at The Basement in Ayr to this Saturday.
The original show was postponed due to illness but now Vukovi are ready to rock The Basement and will surely do just that.
Support on the night comes from Shelf:Life, Two Towns Apart and Disankai. The fun starts at 7pm.
• Speaking of Shelf:Life, I saw a brilliant music video from the band last week for their song ‘I am an island’.
The four piece post-grunge group have members from all over the west of Scotland but met as students on the popular Commercial Music degree at UWS based in Ayr.
With nods towards influences like Oceansize, Reuben and Explosions in the Sky, Shelf:Life are an exciting new band well worth checking out.
The talented group release their debut EP ‘Chrysalis’ this Saturday which will be available on iTunes.
• Johnny Graham takes to the stage at King Tuts next Thursday, March 7.
See him at The Burns, Irvine, first this Saturday. He’s recorded a great new song called ‘Taxi to Glasgow’ you can hear at www.soundcloud.com/johnny-graham/taxi
• The next in the line of Studio Sessions performances at the Gaiety will be this Friday with Ayrshire’s Rose Parade headlining and presenting their debut album launch concert. The fantastic talents of Esperi and Lori McTear will make for a well rounded and good evenings music.
• Saturday, March 9 – Crumbs and Cocktails launch night with Los Perros, 7.30pm, Smith Street, Ayr.