A popular children’s play centre has been badly damaged by fire.
Kidz’Play in Prestwick was engulfed by flames during the early hours of Hogmanay.
And firefighters battled to stop the building from burning to the ground during the blaze, which is not being treated as suspicious.
Owner Marilyn Miller revealed: “We believe it was an electrical firewhich started in the kitchen at around 4.30am. We can only apologise to our customers, so many of whom are loyal and come down a number of times per week.
“As devastated as we are right now, we genuinely feel for our customers and will do everything we can to re-open as soon as possible.”
Rescue crews raced to Prestwick beach after reports of flames smouldering in the large building which sits just yards from the sea.
And they remained at the scene the following day to stop the fire from taking hold once again.
A police spokesman confirmed that the sea air was proving a risk to the building’s safety in the aftermath of the blaze.
ScottishPower had also cut all power to the building.
Kidz’Play has long been regarded as one of Ayrshire’s top indoor attractions for children.
The centre boasts a number of features and is a popular party destination for youngsters.
And with a busy Januaryseason expected, owner Marilyn has pledged to re-open as soon as possible.
She added: “We will refund deposits to anyone who has booked parties for the coming month.
“Contact us on 01292 475215 or keep an eye on our Facebook page for the latest information.”