At the time of writing I’m extremely excited as this weekend I’ll be supporting Scottish music legends Hue and Cry in some really lovely theatres in Dunfermline, Hamilton and Edinburgh.
The prospect of playing in theatres to me is always very exciting, there’s something about being one guy on a rather large stage with high ceilings and a crowd in front of you. Sometimes I’m sure people probably wonder why anyone would put themselves through it to stand in front of a huge audience and pour your heart out, but for me it’s probably the best feeling in the world.
I can’t wait for this weekend.
The Song for Heroes competition in Ayrshire has revealed its finalists, who have all written a song to celebrate heroes in aid of the Help for Heroes charity which works to help and assist servicemen and women from all over the UK.
The winning performer will have their song professionally recorded which will then be sold throughout Sainsbury’s stores to raise money for the charity. A great idea and very worthwhile cause.
Please support it by getting along to the event if you can.
The finalists will all perform at The Park Hotel on Friday, November 9. Tickets, £10, are now on sale from:
• Customer service desk in Sainsbury’s, Prestwick
• By calling Impact Arts on 01294 273051
• By emailing email@example.com to arrange collection location
• From www.songforheroes.co.uk
Also doing their bit for a good cause, Ayrshire bands Vukovi and Fatherson have combined their talents to record a cover of Jimmy Eat World’s ‘Runaway’ for Aberlour, Scotland’s Children’s Charity.
Find the video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMR54WsJBbg
See both bands perform in Kilmarnock on Saturday, November 24 at Bakers.
Vukovi release their new EP ‘Sweat Swears’ this Monday on iTunes and Bandcamp.
Rebecca Shearing has also released her debut EP ‘Paper Lung’ this month. Review and interview coming next week!
Ayrshire radio station KA Radio presents a takeover with DJ Scott Lyle presenting a non-stop 72-hour radio show to raise money for charity, starting on Monday, October 22 at 9am.
Tune in at www.ka-radio.co.uk
Glasgow’s The Imagineers announce their return to Ayrshire with a performance at Ayr’s Su Casa in the Lorne Arcade on Thursday, November 15. The talented four-piece will be releasing their n EP ‘Karma Soundcheck Part 1’ this November.
Little Fire recommends...
• Thursday, October 18: The Basement, Old Bridge Street, Ayr 8pm. Shelf:Life, Aboriginals, Jordan Campbell, Elisa Poli, Rebs and the Imaginary Friends
• Friday, October 19: The ArtSchool Glasgow – Finding Albert, Scarlet Shift, Colour Coded, Nevada Base; Jiezuberband at The Renfrew Ferry, Glasgow with Hawklords
• Saturday, October 20: 6pm – Culann, Becca Herd, Fito at The Stewarton Arms, Stewarton. This is an over 14s only event; Ayrshire’s Sean Kennedy launches his debut EP at Oran Mor with support from Jemma Kate and Scott Nicol
• Sunday October 21: Pivo Pivo Glasgow – Kirk Brandon (Spear of Destiny), The Red Eyes, Cal Wiseman Murray